Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I want to EAT this Wednesday


OOOOH doesn't that look GREAT?! It tastes even better! Thanks to Eating Well (.com) for this wonderful Chicken & Fruit Salad!


1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
3 tablespoons fruit-flavored vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 cups mixed salad greens
2 cups sliced cooked chicken breast, (see Tip)
2 cups chopped melon, such as cantaloupe and/or honeydew
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preparation
Whisk sour cream, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing in a small bowl. Add the mixed greens to the large bowl and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and top with chicken, melon, walnuts and feta. Drizzle each portion with 1 tablespoon of the reserved dressing.
Tips & Notes
Tips: To poach chicken breast: Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a medium skillet or saucepan and add lightly salted water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.
To toast chopped or sliced nuts, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.

Nutrition
Per serving : 248 Calories; 11 g Fat; 4 g Sat; 2 g Mono; 55 mg Cholesterol; 18 g Carbohydrates; 21 g Protein; 4 g Fiber; 346 mg Sodium; 371 mg Potassium;

1 Carbohydrate Serving

Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat

(I cut out the Feta, Though I love it! It's not really part of my SmartForLife game plan. Neither is the sour cream or the fruit (which I cut down on) but I splurged on that. I also baked my chicken w/non-stick spray. I'm not a big fan of poaching unless it's fish.)

Oh my KIDS loved this too.. BONUS!
ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Tori, it was! I've got some great stuff lined up for the next few posts too! fun w/food THATS my kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete